Wednesday 17 September 2014

My Full Moon O


MY FULL MOON

Since i am a solitary hedge-witch i have what i need most in my spiritual life - "freedom" not being part of an official coven has its advantages and disadvantages, and when it comes to ritual i feel this is definitely an advantage for me in my life........

My Full Moon lasts all day :)


Ritual Bath

My day will begin before i even go to sleep with the first of my ritual baths this full moon i shall be doing this just after midnight(full moon is 12.11 am) and it will be all about focusing on balancing my spiritual and physical desires (very apt me thinks).... 

and yes i do bath at other times too lol - but a full moon bath is special and i repeat it on all three days of the full moon.....

Bath Preparation


Make sure the bath is spotlessly clean
place everything to hand in the bathroom i will need during the bath and ritual, light the floating candles, and put the music on....

RITUAL PREPARATION

Bath Salts


1.5 cup salt
12 drops sandalwood oil (buy fair-trade / ethically sourced !)
12 drops rose oil
1  tsp. powdered orris root 

Mix ingredients and use 1/2 cup per bath.

*  i  brush my teeth with orris root on each of the full moon rituals


Candles


The Lovers Moon ignites passion and desire, while anointing the Full Moon candle my focus will be on opening myself up and igniting my physical desires - and tapping into those energies to release passion, romance, lust etc into my life and to others through me...

  • Silver Candle - Goddess (female aspect of the Divine)
  • Gold Candle   - God (male aspect of the Divine)
  • White Candle  - Full "Lovers" Moon Candle for anointing during release
i have a bowl of floating candles in the bathroom for extra light and ambience.



Aromatherapy Oil


3 parts rose oil
1 part jasmine oil
1 part sandalwood oil



Incense


Charcoal 
2 parts sandalwood
2 parts frankincense
1/2 part rose petals, dried



Crystals


During the Full Moon i place a jug of water outside to soak up moonlight, this is used as a ritual aid and crystal cleanser/charger, i also place my crystals out to charge in the full moon energies.  

Grandmother Moon lend your courage, wisdom and strength to the water i make this nightMay it be filled with your everlasting love and lightBlessed Be

During ritual baths i place at each corner of the bath crystals that fit with the ritual i am doing, for this one i am choosing

  • moonstone        )
  • blue lace agate  )- for balancing emotions, healing past,
  • rose quartz      )  self image and esteem, confidence etc...
  • hematite         )


BATH RITUAL


Building Up The Magick

Here is where i now use my senses to soak up even more of the vibrations by really being present, when lighting the incense, i take time to smell the changes in the air, inhale that new vibrations and energies and add it to all the others i am continuing to build within, i listen to the sound of the music or sounds i have chosen, using what i hear, to decide how to speak out my chant or mantra.  Watch the candles come alive and spread fire and warmth to the ritual space, spend time watching them dance.

Here i usually cast a sort of circle around my bath, marking it with salt, and smudging it with incense and/or sage using the energies of the incense and elements towards creating a kinda "spiritual bubble" that will encompass me, on all sides, above and below.  i also swirl symbols into the water, visualising all those energies flowing into the water, 

Once in the water i soak every part of my body under the water at once, soaking up all the energies that have gone into creating this bath and focusing on the intent - balancing spiritual and physical desires.

Using the ritual soap, i clean my body, as well as my mind and spirit of negativity, releasing any hurts, resentments, negative attitudes, towards myself, love and passion and desire, be really willing to let go of old patterns, beliefs and behaviours. 

visualisation includes seeing all the impurities, being drawn out by thr soap and diluted in the water, again i submerge myself seeing all negativity leaving my body, mind and spirit, being replaced by positive energies and affirmations based on the need for balance.


Grounding

At this point i will go outside and greet Grandmother Moon - i soak up Her energies and visualise myself  once again becoming a vessel for the energies of Grandmother Moon to connect to and through me to Mother Earth, who reaches up to me and through me to Grandmother Moon.

Once this is done and i feel that "place" within i can complete my ritual, usually focusing on the energy that is being constantly built within me....

Celebrating With My Day




So during the day time, i will devote my time to spending it with those i love as well as those people i want to nurture our relationships in some way.... concentrating on what i wish to maintain and that which needs purging

my relationship with Mother - since the balance of light is at a happy equilibrium this time of year, and Mother is fecundity Herself, i will be communing with Her in a variety of ways, meditation - weather permitting meditation outside in my quiet spot in the garden... a nice altar.

Tend to the garden as much as possible adding crystals to the vegetable gardens such as 



  • Carnelian and Pyrite - Summer Salads, Mint, Peppers, Tomatoes, Nasturtiums.
  • Aventurine for Apple tree. 
  • Moss Agate is associated with Natures Spirits and will help you to attune the garden its to be used as a good all rounder to enrich the soil and produce abundance for plants.
  • Moonstone harnesses the moons energy to bring calmness and fertility to plants i carry a piece in my pocket when i am gardening to enable me to enjoy my connection to Mother Earth.

FULL MOON RITUAL PREPARATION

Full Moon Altar


  • Triqueta Altar Cloth
  • Hare and Horn
  • Silver and Gold Candles
  • White (anointed) Candle
  • Censor, Incense, Sage smudge
  • Anointing Oil
  • Water & Salt
  • Bowl of Water/Mirror (for scrying)
  • Bell

Ritual Items

  • Tarot Cards
  • Healing - herbal sachets, potions, oils etc
  • Protection - witches bottles, amulets and talismans
  • Paper and Ink - closure - on relationships and projects and/or ideas

RITUAL

  • Opening the circle
  • Invocations and Blessings
  • Meditation and Visualisation
  • Ritual and Spells (Healing, Protection, Closure and Balance)
  • Tarot Reading
  • Releasing and closing the circle

Full Moon Chant

Abundant Mother Moon so bright
Hear my plea this very nightYour power divine lend this spellMake it strong, potent and well

FULL MOON FOOD

  • Moon cakes, 
  • Milk
  • Seafood such as crab, since the ocean is strongly connected to the Moon through the lunar cycle and the Zodiac sign of Cancer
If you are interested - here is a list of the Full Moons in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment