Wednesday 10 September 2014

Shop Local - Day 2

We saved a bit of money on food yesterday and the previous day too, simply because we are not just making a list and ordering it all online, so we are using up a lot of what I know I won't be buying again :) which is a bonus.

Added to this I think the change in the way I am thinking about shopping and money and food is all having a knock on effect in other areas too.

I am wanting to eat now, mainly because I get to choose the food ingredients as well as having to be creative, but also its giving me the fresh start I need to make the changes I have been putting off for years in some cases.

While planning for meals now I am planning vegetarian meals and including more raw foods into the diet too.  It will obviously be a step by step thing, as I re-learn about myself and refresh myself on the subject of food and nutrition, I am finding I am craving vegan food once more :)

So that is the bonuses of the changes in just 2 days.



The disadvantages, not many.  Although I discovered I will be facing one very soon, I opened my last bag of +Clipper Teas  yesterday. !!!!

Shock horror !! LOL NO! Seriously :| this is NOT funny, I love a c uppa tea, and for years now I have only used clipper tea, I have even converted others to the love of clipper, they are organic, fairtrade AND unbleached tea bags !! I have never found this anyway all of the combinations I want in tea along with a lovey fresh taste.

So I asked "WTF am I gonna do now"!?

I can only find them in Tesco's, and once in better days the local COSTCO did them in bulk :)

I was a happy bunny.  In fact one of the only things me and my husband agreed on at the end of our relationship was that clipper were the BEST lol


So.... my choices are ....

a) give up tea in favour of lemon in hot water (which I do love btw), or just water, or herbal teas.
b) beg clipper +Clipper Teas  to let me buy direct from them :)

Please UNIVERSE don't do this to me lol :(




then....... out of the blue, in an awesome comment made to me in a message by a fellow home edder on Facebook, the answer came.... A Food Co-op

Which has sparked the next adventure for me, my community, AND +Link4Growth Derbyshire - the setting up of a new food co-op...... :)

So now our progress can be followed on Twitter, our Facebook group and a new board on the L4G Derbyshire Pinterest Profile as well as on G+ too, not much on it yet, but its a start.  I am starting the food co-op blog later, to chart what should be an interesting adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment