Monday 8 September 2014

Shop Local - Day 1

Today was also the start of the +Link4Growth  Shop Local Challenge, where myself as DL +Link4Growth Derbyshire  and +Dee Twentyman  (DL for +L4G Newcastle area) have taken up the baton offered us by +Chris Ogle  to stay away from supermarkets and use local shops and markets and other local businesses for the next month (and more ...)
for

So the meal plan altered a little, I dont have much porridge in and want to see if I can source them locally, I know there used to be a mill in Newthorpe, so I will check it out, I used to buy all my oats, flours and other baking products from them years ago, so it will be interesting if they are still around.



So breakfast was not to be porridge, the budget was £2.50 for breakfast, I sent Regan down the local shops and he came back with 2x 750g boxes of Weetos, not the best of cereals, but WOW, I checked online and the boxes of 500g sell at £2.68 at the local supermarket that is almost 2 for 1, and the reason, they need eating in the next 2 weeks LOL, they will be gone by tonight !  So that was the first up, of the Shop Local Day 1 :)

Other purchases of the day were 1 pack of butter from the local premiere and 12 eggs from Rogan's Nosh, round the corner form us, the staff there are always so friendly and helpful,  and so much better than the bossy bitch that covers the self service in Tesco's lol

Today's Lunch was Eggy Bread and for Dinner was Lamb Hotpot

Tomorrow should be interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment